We are currently looking for a talented Licensing Manager to help us proactively support the business growth in our Business Development & Licensing department. You will be reporting to the Head of BD & Licensing.
As a successful Licensing Manager, you will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Making offers, negotiate on prices and initially draw up agreements; together with Alliance management verify if actions are carried out according to the agreements in place
- Implement plans and short-term measures in order to achieve the annual sales objectives, including the implementation of the strategies necessary but always in agreement with the policies of the company. Supervision of such implementation.
- Implement and follow the strategies established by the Directorship of the company
- Carry out the actions and follow up necessary to assure the most efficient consecution of the annual sales budget of the company
- Propose and present new work procedures where necessary
- Provide sufficient insights and market / customers information to help position the products and services of the company
- Implement the norms related to quality, prevention of accidents and protecting of the environment in all projects
- Participate in meetings related to the function and the department
- Assimilate and diffuse the values of the company
- Assure a culture of openness, dialogue, and feedback
- Assist in the flow of information to the various disciplines involved in the commercial activity
- Identify interest in the market via market research, customer visits and viable alternatives like euroPLX, Pharmavenue, etc.
- Participation in the drawing up of the annual sales budget for out-licensing products for the coming year
- Willingness to travel internationally in order to achieve the objectives described above
- Support the identification of new business opportunities, e.g. licensing-in, distribution, co-development partnerships
- Follow up on audit dates of companies on behalf of Quality Assurance Dept
- Collaborate with the Legal Dept in order to finish commercial contracts in conformance with the requirements of the company
- Agree with Supply Chain Dept on the points in each commercial contract negotiated which will have an impact on the Supply Chain function.
- Inform all Departments upon the signature of a commercial agreement so that all matters that have to be put into motion are done so. Plan for hand-over meetings with internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Regulatory Affairs in topics which are related to the submission of the product that has been signed in a commercial agreement
- Participating in the drawing up of the annual sales budget, its follow up and control
- Investigate the market developments and evolution of the same in order to be able to anticipate the measures that need to be taken in order to keep up with tendences and market movements
- Know and be familiar with the sales of the client, following up on the evolution of the same
- Have a profound knowledge on the most important elements of the products being sold by Neogen
- To maintain a high level of quality and integrity in reporting information
- Inform the Head of BD & Licensing / Department head of the company in the event of conflicts
You will be part of the Licensing Team and will be based in Anderlecht, Belgium
We have adopted a hybrid working.
- You have a Hons’ degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information technology, or related field preferred or equivalent through experience
- You have least 5 years of experience in the commercial function within the pharmaceutical area.
YOUR PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Diplomacy: ability to create good relations on an interpersonal level with a variety of people at different levels within any given organization
- Customer orientated: excellent communicator and negotiator, with empathy and power of argument
- Result driven: objective/results orientated
- Stress resistant: remain efficient under pressure, disappointment or resistance or problems
- Mental flexibility
- Market-oriented: expert in Sales activities, alert on signals, developments in market and shows(prove) capable of translating the mutual influence of this on the own company/department
- Maintain an excellent network
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- A challenging function with a lot of variety, autonomy, and responsibility.
- You work in a pleasant atmosphere in a dynamic team.
- A chance to grow and to have a real impact on our business.
- Being part of a highly innovative and fast-growing international player in the Life Sciences industry.
- We assure an optimal work-life balance including homework.
- We invest in your personal development.
- We offer an attractive salary package with a permanent contract and a package of fringe benefits.